Monday, May 22, 2006

Sunburned

It's been about a week since I last posted (and I'm sunburned and agitated) so, for my one fan, I'm gonna remain loyal and true - afterall, my fan is legion.

I've mentioned before that I'm a huge fan of slasher films, but I also like it's Italian cousin, the Giallo. I've really not paid much attention to our American cousin, therefore, I've almost talked myself into making a pact with yours truly - a mutual will towards self admiration - I'm going to go on a gialli binge. I'm going to buy oddball Giallos, along with the classics I already know about and seen already. Out of the giallo's I've seen, New York Ripper (Lucio Fulci) is probably my favorite. It's dirty, sleazy, and full of melted Italian cheese. Alot of people throw off on this film and call it an 'incoherant mess', but I have to disagree. It's simply a Father's revenge story. (Albeit with some perverted twists)

Anyway, there's dozens of giallos waiting on me to either rediscover them - or - view them for the first time. As I view, I'll throw up some watered down reviews (which could be much much better if I were to take my time, but you'll take what you get and like it).

I'm going to throw up a review to another movie sometime today. I don't know what movie just yet. This probably won't be a giallo, but....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home